Check Mate 2 is an outstanding water resistant log sealant that prevents water and air infiltration through pronounced cracks (called checks) in logs, timbers and wood cladding. Caulking is an obvious solution to this problem, but caulking does not work because of limits in adhesion and weatherability.
As a check filler, Check Mate 2 log sealant forms a tough elastic filler and coating. It has superb color stability and resists ultraviolet rays, ozone, mold, mildew and airborne contaminates. Even the most troublesome leaks can be sealed with Check Mate 2.
It is especially important to seal upward facing checks in any location where they may accumulate water. If these checks are left unsealed, they become sites where rot may begin to take hold. If you have old checks where rot is a risk, be sure to apply Shell-Guard before sealing with Check Mate 2.
Made in U.S.A.
Features & Statistics
- Remains Flexible to allow for log movement
- For Exterior and Interior
- For Checks 1/4″ to 1″
- Product Label
- Sealants Application Guide
- Watch Application Video on YouTube
- 1/4″ Bead – 32 linear feet / 11oz tube
- 3/8″ Bead – 14 linear feet / 11oz tube
- 1/2″ Bead – 8 linear feet / 11oz tube